12.31.2010

New Day, New Year, New Decade....same old resolutions!

Amazingly, I just realized that this New Year's will also mark a brand new decade. Since I was born in 1980, I've been lucky to celebrate the end of every decade of my life along with the rest of the world.  


Other than losing my job and a very dear friend (both to reasons I still don't understand), 2010 was a really great year for me - I got engaged in NYC, completed a sprint triathlon in NC, celebrated my 30th birthday in Costa Rica, went to Vegas for my bachelorette party with some of my best friends, had a bridal shower in my hometown with more of my best friends, got married in SC (and gained a whole new family) and went on an amazing honeymoon cruise in the Caribbean! 


This year also brought the end of my 20's and now I'm looking forward to what my 30's will bring.  In preparation, I've made a few goals for the new year.  I rarely stick to these things but maybe putting them out into the universe (instead of on a piece of paper stuck in my undies drawer) will help me keep on track.  


1. Spend more time with family and friends (I say, and mean, this every year but I'm such a recluse in the winters that it always gets put on hold until spring)

2. Lose the wedding weight.  I gained 10 lbs. almost overnight when we got married...the all-you-can-eat honeymoon cruise certainly didn't help!

3. Don't give up on my passions - travel, practice yoga, play golf and run as often as possible (In short, stop being so lazy!  I'll set more defined goals on these soon...)

4. Have a baby - or at least start the process :) 

5. Finally find a job that MEANS something to me (and in the meantime, find a job)


6. Teach myself to cook (better)


7. Use coupons (save $$ wherever possible)


8. Write (this one should be easier since I've finally started a blog but I've always wanted to write a book so hopefully I can get some practice in on that too)


9. Send birthday cards to all loved ones


10. Be happy!




I realize they're very general, but you gotta start somewhere.  What are your resolutions/goals?  Good luck to you whatever they are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment