12.20.2010

Who am I?

I have always been the kind of person who defines herself by her interests, hobbies and loved ones.  So, a couple weeks after being let go, I was very surprised to see how much of my self worth I had wrapped into losing my job.  A job I didn't even like.  

In interest of reminding myself what else makes me who I am, I've compiled a list of things that are important to me (and of which will likely make a lot of appearances on here!). 

1. Family - my family grew quite a bit when I got married a couple months ago! Immediately, it includes my awesome hubby Kris and our two pup babies (Jazz and Max). 




2. Travel - I'm so lucky to have found someone who likes to travel as much as I do.  I don't care what else is going on in life, it's always been important for me to get out and explore the world.  Over the past ten years, Kris and I have been to some really amazing places (and I'll be posting a lot of those trips soon).  Right after we got engaged last year, we went to the most amazing resort - Nayara Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica. The volcano erupts every evening and is just incredible.  This was the view...from bed!





3. Yoga - I have found that the ability to return to the mat, take a deep breath and relax has been a lifesaver through this new transition.  Here's a pic of my training buddies when I did Teacher Training at Tranquil Space in Dupont Circle a few years ago. 





4. Running/Triathlons - A few years ago Kris and I decided to train for a half marathon in Miami, FL.  Neither one of us had ever run over 3 miles and the training was intense but well worth it.  It has bonded us and brought us together through tough times.  Since then, I've come back to running many times when I need to clear my head (or lose a few pounds).  Here we are right before the first race in Miami.  






I come from a family of athletes - Mom is an Ironman, Dad does 100 mile bike races for fun.  Here's my first attempt at a triathlon with my Mom - the Ramblin Rose Women's Sprint in Chapel Hill, NC. 




5. Golf - Since Kris first started teaching me how to play (over 5 years ago), I've gotten progressively better and better.  Now, it's a big part of how we spend the weekend during the warmer seasons....unfortunately, it's too cold to play golf in DC year round!  Here I am in Vegas last winter. 





More to come! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment